Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I have anxiety, but worried that something is being missed!

(1 Post)
PhilPhilConnors Wed 18-May-16 13:10:05

I am recently being treated for low iron and vit d levels.

Every day I will have a period of time when I feel very tired, my breathing goes weird (which can be managed with breathing exercises) and my chest feels weird, slightly achy. I can't describe it as fluttery, and if I feel my pulse it feels regular, but I just feel weird.

This does happen more when I'm stressed about something, and if I have a good day, clear of this, the next day it will usually happen more. It can also happen when I do too much, or walk up a hill too quickly, but then I usually immediately start feeling anxious, so I have no idea which came first.

If I'm feeling like this, sitting down quietly and completely distracting myself makes it go away, as does having a long soak in the bath.

So this probably sounds like I'm typically anxious, but I am worried that there is something wrong, but it's being missed as anxiety. (Which probably sounds like anxiety talking!)

I do have propranolol to take when things feel very bad, and it does seem to help me feel less anxious, but I still get these episodes of feeling weird.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now