Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

First optician trip in 5 years!

(2 Posts)
Shopper99 Mon 16-May-16 07:50:10

My prescription used to be about -1.5 in both eyes. I got contacts (daily ones) and got on ok with them. I hated wearing glasses mainly because I found them uncomfortable when laying down watching telly and generally just got out of the habit of wearing either.

It may be psychological but when I was on mat leave I didn't notice the need for glasses. Now I'm back at work full time in front of a screen and I feel my sight is getting worse.

So I'm going to the opticians this week, probably to Boots. I would like to get daily contacts again but have glasses as a back up / to give my eyes a rest from contacts. I have an eye care voucher from work.

I guess my questions really are around buying lenses and glasses. Where is the best/cheapest place to get lenses? Online? And with glasses I suppose I just try loads on?

Tbh I find the whole thing a complete faff and my eyes aren't that bad that it's been a big deal. But I'm squinting to see things now so know I need to do something about it all. And need to make it as faff-free as possible.

All tips and advice gratefully received! Thanks!

Shopper99 Mon 16-May-16 19:41:38

Bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now