Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

So, please tell me this is normal?!?!?!

(5 Posts)
Serenitymummy Sat 14-May-16 21:04:21

I'm in desperate need of some reassurance here, this morning I woke up at about 4am soaking wet around my bum. Thought I must've come onto my period (expecting it) but no. Bed soaked, so I laid a towel down and tried to go back to sleep. Soaked through really quickly. Based on the fact that the mattress was so saturated and the stain on my sheet this morning, I can only draw the conclusion that I peed myself in my sleep. I've never heard of adults doing this and just wonder if it's ever happened to anyone else? Worried about going to bed tonight!!!

ILoveAGoodBrusselSprout Sat 14-May-16 21:10:00

I can understand why you're worried. I'd wear a maxi pad tonight and tomorrow, then get a doc appointment on Monday morning. Maybe you have a UTI?

Please one the offended here - had you been drinking? I did this once when I'd been totally pissed. I was mortified and never got that drunk again!

ILoveAGoodBrusselSprout Sat 14-May-16 21:10:47

Weird auto-correct there. Should be 'please don't be offended'

Buzzardbird Sat 14-May-16 21:15:06

Could be an infection. Best see nurse for swab.

Serenitymummy Sat 14-May-16 21:26:19

I'd had a glass of wine on Thursday night but nothing Friday. Didn't have more to drink than normal in the evening or anything like that, I'm just totally bewildered as I wake up like clockwork between 4 and 6 for a wee every morning.

Have been stressed at work and had a wobble or two with DH and wondering if I could pin it on anything like that?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now