Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hernia help :(

(2 Posts)
Gymboree567 Fri 13-May-16 21:13:55

I got a small hernia 10 years a go from coughing, (umbilical) it never bothered me, occasionally pooping out if I laughed to much, maybe once every couple of months and I could just put it back in,
The last couple of days it's been painful, out quite a few times, seems more gristly and bigger, I can push it back in if I lie down, but quite painful (I was nearly crying at work)
Standing, walking, bending and lifting all aggravate it, this is basically my job!
Spoke to a doctor on the phone today they said come in Monday but not overly concerned as its soft and I can push it back in
But I've got 10 hours on my feet at work tomorow, can I bandage it up maybe? How can I get through the day? any help appreciated
Also the criteria for surgery is "unable to sustain employment/education" with my struggles at work do you think I will qualify?

Gymboree567 Fri 13-May-16 21:43:03

Any one? sad
Feeling really depressed about it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now