Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Just tied off a skin tag with cotton...

(6 Posts)
Nessalina Thu 12-May-16 10:53:07

I was trying on my bikini for holiday on Sunday and it's on my thigh, just at the edge of bikini line. Only small but looks awful. On impulse just got some cotton and tied it round.

Then I googled.

Found old MN thread that out fear of God in me, plus lots of sites saying to use floss, not cotton. Tried to cut off cotton, but tied too tight, so looks like I'm stuck with my course of action.

Good news stories please!!!

FormerlyKnownasFK Thu 12-May-16 22:37:52

I've done it more than once with cotton.

Haven't read the fear of God thread grin

Mrsmorton Fri 13-May-16 00:05:51

Cut them off with nail clippers.

UnderTheGreenwoodTree Fri 13-May-16 00:18:46

I did mine with cotton, I had one by my collar bone. I was slightly scared when I'd done it, because as you say, you can't get the cotton off again!

All was well. Fell off in about a week iirc.

VimFuego101 Fri 13-May-16 00:32:10

It'll be fine, I've done it on DH loads of times. It may not have fallen off by Sunday but by then you could probably clip it off.

Nessalina Mon 30-May-16 00:14:21

Sorry, I never checked back on my own thread! It was fine, didn't hurt, though skin around went a little red. Shrilleved up to very small and came off after 4 days with a gentle tug on the string. Little red bump left behind, which is much better than the tag! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now