Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Morton's Neuroma

(9 Posts)
HelenF35 Thu 12-May-16 02:58:33

Anyone had one and had it treated with a cortisone injection? Can you tell me about it please? Did it help? How long did it take to work? I had one earlier today and it was much better due to the local anaesthetic but it's really hurting now it's wearing off and I can't sleep.

HelenF35 Thu 12-May-16 10:41:46

Hopeful bump

sphinxster Thu 12-May-16 11:14:37

Do you know the cause? Have you changed your footwear? Got insoles? Had a biomechanic assessment?

HelenF35 Thu 12-May-16 11:17:34

Hyper mobile ankles and high arches have been blamed. I have insoles.

sphinxster Thu 12-May-16 11:28:28

The steroid injections will help with the inflammation (in time) but it'll come back if you don't change your footwear. You need to find shoes you like that will accommodate your foot type.

Avoid slip ons for now, get something with a cushioned sole, probably a wide toe box... Are you able to wear trainers for a while until you can go shoe shopping?

HelenF35 Thu 12-May-16 11:30:40

I've been wearing trainers 90% of the time anyway, so will continue to do that. Apart from to work, won't get away with them there but will hunt for some suitable work shoes. The ones I have are lace up so I tend to leave the bottom laces looser.

sphinxster Thu 12-May-16 12:02:30

It's a very painful thing but it will get better with the injections (the injections are very painful too).

The trick is to stop it reoccurring.

Hope it feels better soon flowers

Spam88 Sat 14-May-16 00:03:38

Ooh I had one of these, was bloody horrible. And the injection was possibly even worse lol. I had my injection January 2014, was super sore that day and for a few days I felt like I couldn't move my toes properly and thought I was going to have a random paralysed toe for life, but it all eased and it's still fine now smile

HelenF35 Sat 14-May-16 07:16:29

I'm noticing a difference in mine now. Fingers crossed it helps for a while. I got some new work shoes yesterday too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now