Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

can you please help me diagnose this so I don't turn to Dr Google

(6 Posts)
BatteryOperatedBoyfriend Fri 06-May-16 21:35:05

I know if I look to Dr Google I will be convinced that I'll be dead by next week.

A few mornings recently I've woken up in the morning with what feels like achy kidneys, not sure if it is the kidneys but certainly in that area. It went pretty quickly after getting up and about.

Last night I woke in quite a lot of pain, had a wet (all normal BTW ) then eventually fell back to sleep. I then woke up with the pain again. I have slightly raised temp of 37.8. And generally feel quite achey.

I have just got my period too which could certainly be a factor.

I normally get some period cramps but not necessarily in my back.

Any ideas please?

Daffodil1210 Fri 06-May-16 21:45:17

Could be a kidney infection? I started out with similar symptoms when I had one a couple of years ago but it got worse. I still remember how horrendous I felt when my symptoms worsened... Urgh...

BatteryOperatedBoyfriend Fri 06-May-16 21:48:26

I really hope not, I have no issues with weeing, it's not dark and doesn't hurt.

How quickly did yours progress?

Daffodil1210 Fri 06-May-16 22:24:40

I also didn't have any waterworks issues which is why I didn't go to the doctors sooner. I think it was over the course of a week that I gradually got worse. T'was horrible.

Daffodil1210 Fri 06-May-16 22:29:36

www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Kidney-infection/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

BatteryOperatedBoyfriend Fri 06-May-16 22:29:50

Ok thank you, will keep an eye on that and contact OOH if necessary.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now