Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Extremely heavy periods AFTER removal of uterine fibroid

(1 Post)
mumof2kiddos Fri 06-May-16 18:37:41

Periods was never something which affected my normal life and excepting the 2nd night, I pretty much could do and wear anything I wanted to. And to top it all, no abdominal cramping also!!!

Trouble started this Feb where it continued to 9 days ( i normally have 7 days cycle) and i carried on spotting from 5th day onward till suddenly on 10th day a huge floodgate opened and I had a monstrous bleeding from hell, soaking a full strength pad in half an hour with the biggest clots i have ever seen...
I had tranaxemic acid which helped and had an USG ...turns out that I have a 3 cm fibroid.
The next periods was also identical and I went private to remove the fibroid.

Consultant assured me that henceforth my periods will get lighter and lighter. But I dont think the myomectomy has actually resolved the problem of my super heavy bleeding. Infact the 2 periods that I had after the procedure are pretty much the same like before. Lots of clots, cramping, need to change pads every 2 hrs. I just cannot carry on with normal day to day life with such condition and I am feeling rather low and frustrated that the heavy bleeding hasnt been resolved.

Has anyone else got a similar experience after myomectomy? Oh by the way I am 43 ... never ever had this problem before this Feb...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now