Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How many tummy bugs can you get?

(3 Posts)
ProudlymadeinSA Thu 05-May-16 15:46:00

Greetings from my bed, where I am suffering from my 6th dose of vomiting and diarrhoea this year. That's not normal, right? It is mild enough each time, lasting 24 hours or so. I have also had sinusitis and a few nasty bouts of flu. I'm not normally a sicky person. I am very busy and have a daughter in creche, where no doubt some of the germs come from, though no one in the family has been as sick as often as me. I still can't believe it is possible to be so sick so often. I went to a doctor a few weeks ago when I had the sinusitis and she just told me to rest etc. Easier said than done. Does anyone have any tips for building up a stronger stomach? Has anyone else had recurring tummy bugs? Is this normal? Thanks.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 05-May-16 15:48:04

Urghhh,poor you!

I take probiotics- the capsules not the sugary drinks.

bacon Thu 05-May-16 23:01:03

nope sounds wrong to me I would say once a year but two if another strain. I would go to see another GP get full set of tests and run through lifestyle and diet. Optibac proboitics is worth a try. Other ideas could be IBS, food allergy, sinusitis with gidy spells etc can make you ill. Avoid foods that make it worse and def no alcohol. I would def check your food intake and keep a diary to see whether there is a connection and note how you feel.

Organic foods is what we eat now, full fats, (less grains) raw milk, outdoor lifestyle etc all build up immunity

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now