Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this Ringworm?

(11 Posts)
ohtobeperfect Wed 04-May-16 11:34:09

Noticed this on upper thigh this morning, slightly freaking out!! A little sore and itchy, appeared out of no where?! Never had Ringworm but looks a little like it? Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

Orchidflower1 Thu 05-May-16 10:41:41

Could you pop to a chemist to get them to check?

MooseAndSquirrel Thu 05-May-16 10:46:27

It could be, though when i had a patch of ringworm it didn't look as sore/inflamed - nip into your local chemist and they'll be able to tell you definitely

LaFlottes Thu 05-May-16 11:38:47

I have something similar in the same place - mine doesn't itch and isn't sore, but Dr thinks it's fungal and gave me some cream called Daktarin. What I have looks really similar and also appeared out of nowhere!

LaFlottes Fri 06-May-16 15:54:17

Did you have any luck with a diagnosis?

dementedpixie Fri 06-May-16 15:59:39

Could be ringworm. Do you get eczema? Could also be discoid eczema as they look similar

grimbletart Fri 06-May-16 16:01:39

It looks similar to a patch of ringworm I had - pink circle, though mine was not sore. It itched like buggery and took weeks of treatment to get rid of.

Excited101 Sun 08-May-16 00:43:07

Yup! I've had ringworm a couple of times and I'd put money on that being it too

Crusoe Sun 08-May-16 01:40:36

Looks like ringworm, does it itch? I've had it and it itched like crazy. However much you scratched it you couldn't relieve the itch. It nearly drove me insane, took weeks to get rid off too.

BeauGlacons Sun 08-May-16 07:58:14

Ringworm or discoid eczema. I had ringworm and immediately though dd had it but she didn't it was discoid eczema. The discoid eczema cleared up much more quickly than the ringworm.

Go to the chemist. And don't worry; ringworm's a horrid name fir a fungal infection. Bit if cream daily and it will seem to take "forever" to go but then it will just be gone.

hairymuffet Sun 08-May-16 17:16:01

Pretty much looks like ringworm to me.
You need daktarin or similar on it.
Also one of those single dose tablets for vaginal thrush will help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now