Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Legs aching so much I'm struggling with stairs

(6 Posts)
mostlyexhausted Sun 01-May-16 23:41:57

Trying to work out what is going on, bit freaked out. For three days now my thigh muscles feel like I've run a marathon. Feels like massive lactic acid build up and getting worse. But I've done zero excersise for two weeks. Stairs now difficult. I bleed a lot, think because of copper coil. Wondering whether I could be anaemia? Any idea what else might be causing weird leg pain? sad

EllenRipley Wed 04-May-16 18:52:56

Definitely get your iron checked, including ferritin levels! Could be a virus too? Lots of achey muscle lurgies going about. Funnily enough I've just read a long thread on the copper coil and side effects, might be worth a read?

HyacinthBouquetNo1 Wed 04-May-16 19:09:13

Also maybe get vitamin d level checked, i was deficient and my legs were terribly aching, my hips kept collapsing under me whenever i stood up from being sat down! I actually had to buy a walking stick for use around the house

mostlyexhausted Sun 08-May-16 08:49:38

Ellen I think you are right about iron/copper levels - I just felt as though something was really really not right. Then overnight after four days of pain I felt my muscles recover. I was about to go see the GP and demand alsorts of tests and if it happens again I will go immediately.

mostlyexhausted Sun 08-May-16 08:52:42

Hyacinth your vitD deficiency sounded very painful sad I'm sure I was temporarily deficient in something but the one thing I do take supplements for is VitD, only because my mum gave me a little oral spray and it tastes good. Scary what can happen when we get off balance. I was in a real state for a few days there!

EllenRipley Sun 08-May-16 16:57:13

Glad you've recovered! Def worth some tests if it happens again. Magnesium good for muscles too! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now