Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Headaches/ migraines after taking vitamins

(5 Posts)
Fleck Sun 01-May-16 22:04:02

I am finding that I regularly get headaches, that can turn into migraines if not dealt with quickly, when I take vitamin supplements. This happened when I was pregnant and taking pregnacare and also since when I was advised to take a variety of vitamins to help with pcos. I did feel like they were helping me feel better in other ways but I couldn't cope with the headaches and have stopped them. Anyone else had this and have some advice? If I persevere taking them will I adjust and the headaches stop? Would timing/ type of supplement make a difference? Thanks

amarmai Tue 03-May-16 00:14:03

I was prescribed vitamins for migraines= magnesium citrate, vit D , vit B2, They do work for the migraines but i sometimes feel nauseous. Also take feverfew herbs for migraines.

LivingInMidnight Tue 03-May-16 20:22:21

Are you taking them with food?

ijustwannadance Tue 03-May-16 20:32:28

Could be the one if the ingredients could be your trigger. Binding agents/flavourings etc.
I can't take a complete all in one multivitimin as they make me feel ill. Don't know why. So I take only what I need. Vit D, vit B's and vit c with iron and they are ok for me.

Fleck Wed 04-May-16 23:48:34

Thanks for your responses. I do think it's better when I take them with a main meal, I forget so often though! I was wondering if there could be something they put in (binder etc) causing me a problem but I wouldn't know what or if there's an alternative option. My migraines have always been hormonal so I did wonder if they were triggering some sort of hormonal response too. Basically I don't have a clue! My experience of the GP is they don't seem to know much about this type of thing either, would be nice to get some answers as to what's going on but I might just have to keep experimenting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now