Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Now that NHS direct has gone, where can I get symptoms checked on line please?

(7 Posts)
Goingtobeawesome Sun 01-May-16 09:13:32

I have tried google but not exactly what I need.

TIA.

Wigeon Sun 01-May-16 09:14:34

www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Pages/hub.aspx or ring NHS 111.

Wigeon Sun 01-May-16 09:16:01

www.nhsdirect.wales.nhs.uk/selfassessments/default.aspx or this one

Goingtobeawesome Sun 01-May-16 09:37:39

Thank you. I missed those. TBH I sometimes think posters are better placed but I'll give it a go. Thanks again.

Goingtobeawesome Sun 01-May-16 09:49:06

Interesting. Blood test says no but on line says yes.

I think I'm going to need to see someone.

Wigeon Mon 02-May-16 21:39:12

Have you tried ringing 111? They'd be able to advise you whether whatever your symptoms are could be managed at home, or pharmacist, or GP, or minor injuries (hopefully not A&E!)

Goingtobeawesome Tue 03-May-16 07:41:34

I haven't as I suppose I've not classed myself as ill as I've had the pains for months. I have had a scan which came back ok. If it is something as simple as a food issue I'm not sure why no one has mentioned it but I am thinking that way. I've often had issues after eating bread so avoiding that at the moment plus stopped all fizzy drinks and not having any sweet things. I'm fat too so hopefully weight will come off and I'll feel better. I am seeing the nurse week after next so will ask her then. She's very good so hopefully will help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now