Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My worn down teeth are really bothering me?

(3 Posts)
Norris63203 Fri 29-Apr-16 21:09:19

I am a 23 year old guy and I am wearing braces that cost £3,000.

My two front teeth were slightly chipped and one was shorter than the other so the orthadontist used contouring to wear them both down to make them even. But they are much shorter than before and look horrible to me.

This is causing me a lot of distress. I spend all day worrying about it because you can t make the teeth re-appear again.

I wish I could go back in time and say no! leave them as they are.

What can I do?

Thank you

Danglyweed Fri 29-Apr-16 21:14:59

I had to have one of my front teeth removed last year. I understand your hurt over what isn't normal to you, believe me I have spent many days crying over what could have or should have happened.

I now wear a false tooth that is a few mm shorter and flatter than its neighbours. The anxiety over this was awful, but actually I really don't think anyone else really cares.

My teeth are healthy, thats ultimately the main thing

Norris63203 Mon 02-May-16 17:20:13

Thank you,

My teeth are healthy which is good but my teeth look worse than before I had the braces so I am full of regret. Half my front teeth are gone and I can't get them back and that's terrible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now