Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

PCOS

(10 Posts)
SurroMummy13 Wed 27-Apr-16 17:12:47

Sorry, me again. Those ladies with PCOS, what meds, if any, are you on? Xx

thisusernameisnotavailable Wed 27-Apr-16 22:24:50

Metformin 3 times a day but the dodgy tummy side effect isn't nice

SurroMummy13 Thu 28-Apr-16 09:02:33

Dodgy tummy as in the squirts, or painful?

I have an app in 2 weeks to organise me some meds.

Have you found it easier to loose weight now you're on meds? (If you had that issue obv)

Room101isWhereIUsedToLive Thu 28-Apr-16 09:25:33

I'm on cyproterone Acetate. Wouldn't recommend. Having looked it up since I've been on it, it only really deals with hirsutism and if you stop taking it the hirsutism is likely to be worse. Not a happy bunny.

SurroMummy13 Thu 28-Apr-16 14:26:19

Thank you! I'll keep an eye out for that!

If you don't mind me asking (tell me to shut it if you'd rather not answer) but does it work?

I know you said not to bother, but if it works? I'd rather be on the Metformin though X

thisusernameisnotavailable Thu 28-Apr-16 22:46:31

Dodgy as in runny tummy commonly referred to I believe as met bum. Within an hour of taking it I always have to get to a loo. Going out and about takes planning until your body adjusts only mine never did. I believe most do but it helped me get pregnant so I'm not complaining

Room101isWhereIUsedToLive Thu 28-Apr-16 22:49:36

I don't think its had much of an effect. My hair still falls out far more than reasonable. Head hair that is. And I'm still more hairy everywhere else than I really should be. It is slower growing though.

SurroMummy13 Fri 29-Apr-16 06:18:44

I thought Metformin was a general med they used to help control it (not only to help you get pregnant?)

And I will 100% steer clear of that med, thanks for telling me. I don't loose hair on my head, well, any more than normal I don't think (now I'm not sure actually - been loosing more in last 2 years than before). And my other hair grows very fast. Shaving 1x a day. Leaving it the most is every 36hrs :-/

KindDogsTail Fri 29-Apr-16 17:27:29

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/infertility/2604936-polycystic-ovary-syndrome?

This was another recent thread Surro. I thought I sent it last night in case it interests you, but somehow it did not work.

SurroMummy13 Sat 30-Apr-16 06:35:49

Thanks, I'll have a look

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now