Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Would you speak to your GP about this?

(10 Posts)
Myfanwyprice Wed 27-Apr-16 15:51:35

I haven't been on the pill now for around 3 years, my cycle has always been 30-31 days, so generally my period would start on the same day each month.

For the last 4 cycles, it has been between 33 and 42 days.

I just don't know whether to be concerned about this, googling seems to have a lot of info about the effect this would have on ttc, but I'm not, just worried about the variation in my cycle.

I'm 35 and my youngest child is 6.

Any advice would be great!

Myfanwyprice Wed 27-Apr-16 18:37:52

Bump smile

ChipInTheSugar Wed 27-Apr-16 18:38:58

It could be peri-menopause. Early, I know, but that was the first sign for me.

ChipInTheSugar Wed 27-Apr-16 18:39:34

If you're trying to conceive, could you check when you're ovulating?

FelicityR313 Wed 27-Apr-16 18:40:20

I've never had a regular cycle so I'd be permanently in the doctor's in my case. I wouldn't worry if you have no other symptoms. Just keep a track of it in case you do become concerned.

Myfanwyprice Wed 27-Apr-16 18:45:30

Definitely not trying to conceive, and no other worrying symptoms, I just wasn't sure if a change to my cycle was something I should be concerned about.

I was wondering if I might be peri-menopausal. I've always been regular, periods always on the 1st or 2nd of the month; now it's the 27th and after a miserable week of pmt it has started!

Myfanwyprice Wed 27-Apr-16 21:29:01

Anyone else had this?

DMHiresIlleterates Wed 27-Apr-16 21:30:34

They don't investigate this if that answers your question?

Myfanwyprice Wed 27-Apr-16 21:37:53

Yes, it does - I don't want to waste a GP's time, if it's nothing to worry about; I suppose I'm just wondering if there could be a reason for it changing.

DMHiresIlleterates Wed 27-Apr-16 21:41:40

There probably is a reason, not one they'll investigate though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now