Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

experiencing strange aura

(6 Posts)
doodlebops Wed 27-Apr-16 15:29:52

A bit background- I've never had a serious illness and don't generally get colds/flu etc.
lately over the past few months I've had numerous minor ailments, ear infections, urine infection, a headache (I think my first migraine) little things really. More recently I have had a very itchy rash on my neck, a cream from the pharmacist took away the redness but the itchiness is still there at times (particularly the morning) and is intense.
Today for the first time in a few months I have experienced a weird kind of feeling that's hard to explain- I have a feeling it's coming then I get this intense memory of a dream, I play the dream over in my mind then I kind of come out of it and usually have a bit of a hot flush. I'm aware it's happening before and during but can't stop it. I have no memory of the dream afterwards but I think it's the same one repeatedly. I can carry on with what I'm doing but I'm really with it if you know what I mean
I went through a period where I was experiencing this out of body feeling once sometimes twice a day for a couple of weeks.
Do you think all these small things are just a sign of being a bit run down? I was extremely unhappy in one of my jobs but I've now handed my notice in so I've been feeling more positive- I do have a few things I'm worrying about. Money etc.
I was really scared the aura was a sign of epilepsy but I also read about silent migraines (I have had one full blown migraine where I couldn't go to work).
I guess my question is do I have anything to worry about or are all these small ailments just signs of me being a bit run down, in need of more sleep etc. or I should I be taking my health more seriously?

Aquamarine70 Fri 29-Apr-16 13:23:49

I think that should get checked out by the Dr. My first thoughts were epilepsy of maybe mini strokes. I don't want to worry you but you should get a through check done.

jalopy Fri 29-Apr-16 17:42:01

Absence seizures? Definitely get checked by your gp.

doodlebops Sat 30-Apr-16 22:29:26

Yes that's kind of what I was afraid of, i dismissed it because I'm aware during it happening (and because I'm scared of what they might say) and I thought during a seizure you weren't conscious of what is going on.
I really will try and go to the doctors- it's not happened since and my other symptoms have settled down but for piece of mind I guess I need to go. Thank you both

Footle Sun 01-May-16 22:15:09

Think about whether you're safe to drive.

CurbsideProphet Sun 01-May-16 22:32:20

I have epilepsy and used to have complex partial seizures. I also used to have partial seizures that then turned into migraines. Try not to worry but I recommend keeping a log of these instances to take to your GP. I do agree about being honest with yourself about whether you are safe to drive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now