Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Twitching eye I'm worried

(11 Posts)
ellaowenmummy Fri 15-Apr-16 15:55:37

Hi all for weeks now I've had a twitching lower eyelid on my right eye and occasionally on the left too. Driving me mad. Not had a test for years and at times eyes do feel a bit strained. Had a Google and it can be a sign of MS and Parkinson's I'm so worried-is it a Drs or opticans job?

RoganJosh Fri 15-Apr-16 15:57:20

Could it be stress/tiredness? I get twitchy eyes sometimes if I'm generally run down.

Kingsizecrochetblanket Fri 15-Apr-16 15:57:35

Watching with interest as my upper left lid has been exactly the same for days!

Ciggaretteandsmirnoff Fri 15-Apr-16 15:57:54

I get this when I'm tired. Go have an eye test.

Jinglebells99 Fri 15-Apr-16 15:59:49

I think it's very common. I had it a couple of months ago, and it lasted a few days or a week, can't remember now. I was worried too but it stopped and I can't even remember now how long it lasted!

ellaowenmummy Fri 15-Apr-16 16:02:19

I think it is worse when I'm tired which I am today with work being busy it's none stop twitching today sad going to have eye test then Drs

Donge13 Fri 15-Apr-16 16:13:36

I get this when I'm tired and stressed

NicknameUsed Fri 15-Apr-16 16:14:09

I get it occasionally, and it is entirely due to tiredness.

redannie118 Sat 16-Apr-16 09:13:46

Had this for years when im tired. I would go get a sight test done though as squinting is prob making it worse

Kingsizecrochetblanket Mon 18-Apr-16 06:12:55

Just to update, my twitching eye has ceased twitching! Must have been tiredness.

AnotherSENMess Mon 18-Apr-16 07:05:10

Had this for years! Worse if tired/stressed or too much computer time. Can be annoying sometimes but nothing more. Hope that helps flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now