Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

sinus infection turning into pneumonia?

(1 Post)
giroux Thu 14-Apr-16 23:52:05

I've had a sinus infection for a while (about 5 days) and because (like everyone!) i have a busy life (career, plus i am a single parent to two kids under 9, we currently live abroad for my job-whilst at night, I'm doing a post-graduate program for my work...)

i have been working through it and drinking copious amounts of lemsip, which seemed to do the trick for the first few days...

but it is not going and today i feel a sore pain in my chest when i cough. And i have a fever of 100. And i feel dreadful and exhausted. I'm really worried now because a year ago i had pneumonia.

could it happen again? I know i sound stupid but I can't be ill, so i pretend it is not happening (always). I used to just work and battle through illness but these days, as i get older, its not happening so easily.

I guess i am asking any experts out there if this could be pneumonia again? I have a really important exam next week for my post grad thing and i just can't be ill sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now