Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Kidney Infection?

(3 Posts)
AhAgain Thu 14-Apr-16 14:57:22

Had an upper UTI (starting to effect kidney) diagnosed on Monday (first noticed UTI symptoms last Thursday, but by Sunday I was starting to get lower right back ache).

Have been given a 5 day course of co-amoxiclav (although they slipped up and there is actually 21 tablets in the pack - 7 day course). So I am now on day 4 of those (3 a day, started Monday PM). UTI symptoms cleared up overnight, but right kidney still acheing. Actually I would call it "throbbing" now. A bit worse (noticeably), but not loads worse (no pain). More noticeable in the afternoon and evening (after I have been dashing around). Temp is 99'F (so nothing worrying).

Should I be seeing a decrease in the discomfort I my kidney by now? Original antibiotics will complete Sat AM (but they mistakenly gave me enough until Mon AM).

MaidofButtermere Thu 14-Apr-16 15:14:39

Can you call your surgery and ask if the GP advises taking the extra tablets?

AhAgain Thu 14-Apr-16 21:11:51

Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now