Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

can anxiety really make you this tired?

(13 Posts)
Soapmaker34 Mon 11-Apr-16 19:07:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TippyTappyLappyToppy Mon 11-Apr-16 19:10:45

No, not really.

That doesn't sound like anxiety to me.

PhilPhilConnors Mon 11-Apr-16 19:14:48

Have you ever had blood tests? Low iron levels can cause fatigue and anxiety.
I think there are other things that can increase anxiety levels and make you tired too.
Go to your GP.

It sounds more like iron deficiency anaemia - can make you feel like death.

Soapmaker34 Mon 11-Apr-16 19:16:45

itsmeagain1 Mon 11-Apr-16 19:16:54

Could be. Constant anxiety is like running on adrenaline all of the time. My doctor likened it to running a marathon every day.
Might still be worth talking to your doctor.

TeaStory Mon 11-Apr-16 19:18:28

Yes, it certainly can.

www.calmclinic.com/anxiety/symptoms/tiredness

Have you spoken to a doctor? It might be an idea to have a blood test to check it's not something else, and to explore your treatment options for anxiety.

Soapmaker34 Mon 11-Apr-16 19:22:02

Soapmaker34 Mon 11-Apr-16 19:23:33

JeepersMcoy Mon 11-Apr-16 19:24:30

It does me. It is a particular type of tiredness, not just ordinary not enough sleep tiredness. It is a deep exhaustion that seems to seep into my very bones. When I am feeling anxious I often feel like I could just crawl under a hedge and fall asleep anywhere, I can sleep for days.

When I feel like this it is definitely linked to my anxiety. I think my mind and body just can't cope and so sort of shuts down.

TeaStory Mon 11-Apr-16 19:25:21

I'm sorry, I cross-posted with you.

I'm sorry to hear you are so unwell. You can PM me if you'd like to talk.

Are private counselling/CBT sessions an option for you?

cauliflowercheese14 Tue 12-Apr-16 12:39:25

Anxiety can cause fatigue because of the increased adrenaline, however, people with anxiety and depression can often be fobbed off by clinicians and possible underlying health conditions not investigated due to it always being put down to their anxiety. Ask for some blood tests and good luck.

cauliflowercheese14 Tue 12-Apr-16 12:40:33

Sorry I missed the message where you said you'd had your bloods done. I hope you get some decent treatment for your anxiety soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now