Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help...off on hols Monday but think my backs gonna give way. What can I do?

(7 Posts)
ukgirlatheart Sun 10-Apr-16 01:03:09

In a nutshell 16 months ago 2 days before xmas bent down to pick up a towel felt my back twinge. 2 days later went into spasm never had it before terrified me as couldnt move due to pain. Dr diagnosed torn ligament. Perscribed diclafennac and movement was literally off work for 2 weeks over christmas. We r off to Scotland Monday lots of touristy things walking planned but today filling the washing machine felt back twinge again and sharp pain. Felt uncomfortable all day but not yoo bad. Tonight feels abit more painful Im so scared it eill go completely as before.

Do u recommend anything I can do over next day to prevent???

ukgirlatheart Sun 10-Apr-16 01:05:22

Suppose to be packing tom plus lots of other sruff

Tequilamockinbird Sun 10-Apr-16 01:08:15

Can you get to Boots or similar and get a support belt? You have my sympathy, there's nothing worse.

Whenever I feel mine is about to 'go', I wear the support belt for a few days and 9 times out of 10 it stops it.

ukgirlatheart Sun 10-Apr-16 01:12:10

Umm maybe could go. My backs never been right pain always in same place. Had to give up zumba and kettles as its so tender 16 months on

Tequilamockinbird Sun 10-Apr-16 01:19:24

Funny you should mention kettlebells - it was those that started mine off initially.

If it's the bottom of your spine, like mine is, then the back support belt should help. I always take mine whenever I'm away from home for a night or more, just in case!

The last time mine went was about 6 months ago now. I rang the doctors and they didn't even want to see me - just signed a codeine prescription over the phone. You could maybe try that on Monday morning and see if you could get some diclofenac or codeine to take with you?

Tarrarra Sun 10-Apr-16 01:26:37

Take it easy, use diclofenac or ibuprofen gel. when mine goes I alternate heat and ice packs. I don't rest it but keep it gently moving. If you google Arc back exercises there's some good stretches. Fingers crossed you wake up feeling fine.

ukgirlatheart Sun 10-Apr-16 12:51:12

All ok this morning but achey and stiff. Its the muscle to my lwft jand side lower back just above my bottom. Well im goi g to call at 8am but we have to leave at 10am so hoping i can go get a signed perscription. My friend has some diclafenac but sell by was Nov 2015

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now