Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sex after baby

(6 Posts)
snoukie Sat 09-Apr-16 14:28:37

My baby is now 6 weeks old, and I'm desperate for some action but terrified of feeling any discomfort or pain!
Anyone want to share their experiences after labour, and is it likely to hurt as much as I'm expecting??

lightcola Sat 09-Apr-16 14:36:29

I would just go with and see how it feels. Plenty of lube on stand by and don't forget some sort of protection. I've had a few friends fall pregnant when they thought they were safe Breast feeding.

snoukie Sat 09-Apr-16 15:20:57

The doctors put me on the pill so I'm all good in that department! I read somewhere that you should avoid lube of breastfeeding, is this the case?

Siolence Sat 09-Apr-16 15:28:17

Presumably it's the mini pill if you are breastfeeding?

No you don't need to avoid lube if breastfeeding.

snoukie Sat 09-Apr-16 15:54:19

Yep mini pill!
Great stuff, better get myself some lube in. Hopefully it won't feel too strange!

Pinkheart5915 Sat 09-Apr-16 15:57:47

We had sex 5 weeks after ds i couldn't wait any longer and i didn't have any discomfort really, just go with it and see what it's like for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now