Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Why is my cycle longer?

(3 Posts)
Cagliostro Wed 06-Apr-16 12:51:12

For the last few weeks my cycle has been around 27 days. But the last few months it's been later and later. The cramps start at the same time as they did before but now it's a few days before my period actually arrives. I'm 29 and no history of anything like early menopause etc.

Any ideas please? I am taking sertraline (AD) and amitriptyline (for pain relief), but have been on them for a long time so I don't think that can be it either.

charlottexox Wed 06-Apr-16 14:03:22

I always found that mine were longer if I was under stress! I am sure it's nothing to worry about. smile

Cagliostro Wed 06-Apr-16 19:01:22

Thank you Charlotte I'm starting to think that may be it! Things have been stressful - it's been a rough few years anyway but thinking about it I suppose the last few months have been worse with job situations etc. So it's probably that!

Wish it'd hurry up though frankly, these cramps need to go away!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now