Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Urgent Help. EAR problems. Please.

(8 Posts)
Bishopsbuddy Wed 30-Mar-16 12:02:49

My left ear feels blocked. Such is the state of our health service I can't get an appointment to see the GP till 11April or I can go to the walk in clinic tomo morning. Is there anything I can do before then. It's driving me nuts. No pain just feels blocked. My hearing is consequently down. Tried Otex but nothing has happened. Driving me nuts.

GreenMarkerPen Wed 30-Mar-16 12:04:14

look if there is an ear clear clinic near you. these places often have a walk in clinic and will clear out the ear there and then for a small fee.

Bishopsbuddy Wed 30-Mar-16 12:05:44

Oh god that would be amazing. Thanks will look

Bishopsbuddy Wed 30-Mar-16 13:42:51

Nothing like it near me sad

Northumberlandlass Wed 30-Mar-16 13:50:18

Walk in clinic.
I had this, managed to get a GP appointment but was then told I had to attend the ear clinic which only ran one day a week, middle of the day. I couldn't take time off work. So ended up after a few days of misery going to walk in and they dealt with it straight way.

Allalonenow Wed 30-Mar-16 13:54:58

Go to the walk in clinic tomorrow.
Don't do anything to your ear in the meantime, it is far too risky, as the ear drum is so easy to damage.

Bishopsbuddy Wed 30-Mar-16 15:23:40

Guys what do you mean by a walk in clinic? Where r they? I live in Northern Ireland and I haven't heard of one?

GreenMarkerPen Wed 30-Mar-16 15:51:51

earwaxgone.co.uk
I found this clinic in NI

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now