Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

severe rib pain last night like gallbladder attack

(4 Posts)
ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Mon 28-Mar-16 11:26:56

Have posted in pregnancy too sorry.

33 weeks and had excruciatingly bad rib pain last night and vomiting, rang ooh at 10pm after co codamol wasn't doing anything and still waiting for a call back 13 hours on ! rang 3am to say I'd be rang back soon.
it feels like gallbladder pain (mines removed) and had a few of these episodes so got bloods tomorrow and a liver and spleen scan this week (it's been enlarged for a while, under medical team who are seeing me again once baby born).
pain is just a dull ache today, baby moving about fine and the vomiting has stopped , no swelling, headaches so don't think it's pre eclampsia.
should I just wait for tomorrow when I've got bloods any way as nothing can really be done as on painkillers etc already?

pippistrelle Mon 28-Mar-16 12:56:10

Could you ring your midwife/hospital for advice?. Or chase up the out of hours people? I think you need some proper advice and it's terrible you've been waiting so long.

But for what it's worth, I remember excruciating rib pain at about that stage of pregnancy. Essentially, it just came down to everything re-arranging itself (that's definitely the official medical term for it!) to make way for the ever expanding bump, and it was horrible. But that was without vomiting. I hope you manage to pin down a reassuring professional soon.

Blizy Mon 28-Mar-16 22:06:49

I really don't want to worry you but I'd call triage. My friend had the same symptoms and had hellp syndrome, I really hope it's done thing trivial for you and you and baby are ok.

ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Mon 28-Mar-16 22:17:45

thank you both, I was thinking of hellp (had pre e last preg) but rang midwife who said that as no swelling etc to just wait until my bloods tomorrow and scan sometime this week (hopefully!) pain is manageable now but was agony last night

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now