Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Constant back pain

(4 Posts)
Proudestmummyof3 Fri 25-Mar-16 22:16:08

Hi everyone smile I'd like to know if any of you have a good home remedy for back pain, I've had it since my 1st little one 5 yrs ago now, I don't take any pain killers etc as I really prefer to use more traditional methods of pain relief, so I've tried doing exercises, not often I must admit smile but really don't have the time (full time mummy to 3 little ones) get enough just running after them smile... anyways yeah, if anyone has any special remedies please do let me know!

Thanks smile

MerdeAlor Sat 26-Mar-16 18:43:29

Pilates would probably help a lot, particularly if it's not so bad you can survive without pain killers or anti inflammatories.

Proudestmummyof3 Sat 26-Mar-16 19:26:57

Thank you for your suggestion, I will look up on it - I mean I have heard of it of course, but never tried.

MeadowHay Sun 27-Mar-16 12:59:40

I do yoga poses and stretches at home when I have the time, you don't need any special equipment just maybe a mat, or something to put under your knees if you're like me and have slightly dodgey knees. If you just Google 'yoga poses' or something there are all kinds and you can copy them and practice holding them for 5 seconds, 10 seconds, whatever you can manage and slowly increase from there. Don't push yourself too hard, you want to feel a stretch and mild discomfort, but NOT pain.

Other things you can try to help reduce pain is heat. Warm baths, wheat bags that you can heat up, hot water bottle, stick on heat patches, whatever. That can help the pain.

Also, massage can really help if you can pay to get one or enlist a partner! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now