Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Fed up of these symptoms

(8 Posts)
Claraoswald36 Fri 25-Mar-16 20:36:10

Regular headaches, often with nausea like motion sickness, sensitivity to the cold which only seems to ease if I fall asleep.
I've always had the headaches. Sometimes o can identify them as sinusitis.
I've never had any underlying health problems identified.
I've had another difficult day with a banging headache from about 11 onward. Was supposed to be a nice day doing an Easter trail. Kids had a good time and I just endured it.
I can't identify the headache triggers either. Any ideas?

WutheringFrights Fri 25-Mar-16 20:44:37

Migraine?
I started getting hideous debilitating headaches after the birth of DC2. After over a year of taking paracetamol or nurofen my Dr prescribed imigran. If I recognise the symptoms early enough I am only wiped out for a few hours rather than days.
Where is the headache, is it always the same place?

Ricksheadtilt Fri 25-Mar-16 20:48:48

Do they happen same time every day for a week or so then stop again for a while? That sounds like cluster headaches or cluster migraines. I've been there. Haven't identified the triggers yet, but on day 2 I know they're coming and heavily medicate on subsequent days from an hour before I get hit. Amytriptine & similar are supposed to work, but I can't take them sadly. Hth x

WutheringFrights Fri 25-Mar-16 20:56:09

Mine are hormonal, so they arrive the day before my period turns up...its nice to have a warning! grin

KanyesVest Fri 25-Mar-16 21:59:44

I was just about to post a thread about these headaches. I get the same, feels like a horrible sinus pain, but goes from my upper teeth through my cheek bone, usually left side of my face, and eye socket before wrapping around my head. My sinuses are completely clear though. I'm pretty sure mine are hormone related and possibly a form of migraine - I don't usually get visual disturbances but have done, and while the pain is awful I can manage/function. I feel a bit lost about what to do about it.

WutheringFrights Fri 25-Mar-16 22:04:33

Go and see a doctor. I put up with my headaches for far too long thinking over the counter remedies would work.
If it is migraine it is possibly easily controlled and trust me you feel really stupid for putting put up with them for so long!

Longdistance Fri 25-Mar-16 22:10:10

Have you had your blood pressure checked?

I've been under a lot of stress lately, and was having headaches, and dizziness and sick feeling. My blood pressure is high. I need to get to the docs myself.

HyacinthBouquetNo1 Sat 26-Mar-16 09:59:31

could it be TMJ? I have been waking up with headaches for ages, and very sensitive aching teeth all on one side. My TMJ joint cracks terribly if I open my mouth and I clench my teeth in the night. The dentist make me a mouth guard to wear in sleep and its been a big help. No more waking up with headache and sore face! I think it must have all been muscle tension from clenching all night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now