Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone tried Barometric Chamber treatment for fibromyalgia?

(4 Posts)
Ricksheadtilt Fri 25-Mar-16 18:19:06

That's pretty much it really. I've been given all clear by gp to try it. I've heard good stuff on the internet & the local clinic.
I'm just pretty much desperate. Given up on drugs. At £15 a session the chamber is as cheap as q10, magnesium, ribose etc...?
Am I being stupidly optimistic?

Ricksheadtilt Fri 25-Mar-16 20:37:44

sad

MiffleTheIntrovert Sat 26-Mar-16 08:55:07

I'm afraid I had never heard of it until your post but didn't want to leave you unanswered.

If your GP has given you the go ahead and you can afford it, I think I would probably try it. Is there any way you could access it on the NHS?

There is a Fibro/ME/CFS support thread on MN but I can't link as I'm on my phone but if you search it should come up - you may get more knowledgeable answers there.

I know what it's like to be desperate for something, so best of luck if you do try it.

Ricksheadtilt Sat 26-Mar-16 17:29:48

Thanks. As with most drug free / new age (although it's not really) treatments it's not available on the nhs!! However, the centre is charity based and ask for £15 per session to help cover costs. If you are unable to afford it they would just waive the fee, no questions asked!!
We can & will pay though.
I'll look for the support board maybe someone there will know. If not at least I can report back in a few months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now