Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone else got v low heart rate?

(10 Posts)
Thethingswedoforlove Fri 25-Mar-16 15:06:25

My Fitbit tells me that my resting heart rate is around 50 Bpm. At night it goes nearer to 40.
I am fit enough but not athletic levels of fitness.
So I am worried it is too low?
I do have low bp.
Anyone else have this or think I need to see a doc?
I know this coz I got a Fitbit this week and have been monitoring it all.....

bluespiral Fri 25-Mar-16 15:15:56

Yes. I don't do any formal exercise so certainly not an athlete and my resting heart rate is anywhere between 48 and 60. If I'm relaxed it usually hovers around 56.

I had heart tests last year, a 24hr ecg and echocardiogram (due to extra beats rather than rate) and they weren't concerned about it being slow at all.

NattyGolfJerkin Fri 25-Mar-16 15:18:28

Don't take your Fitbit as gospel on these things. They are famously inaccurate on HR recordings.

Girliefriendlikesflowers Fri 25-Mar-16 15:19:08

Am currently concerned about this with my 10yo dd, her resting and active heart rate is the same as op have been told its because she does a lot of running but am still going to get it checked out.

Thethingswedoforlove Fri 25-Mar-16 15:19:51

Ah ok thanks. Though I have felt extra beats sometimes and at my most recent 'not' she did note that I had a particularly impressively low heart rate (she thought it must be my running!). I am reassured though....

Thethingswedoforlove Fri 25-Mar-16 15:20:30

Oooooh ok flowers. Haven't a clue what my dds heart rates are.

redpriestandmozart Fri 25-Mar-16 15:48:23

I usually have a resting HR of around 55, blood pressure of 95/55 sometimes even a little lower. My DH monitors his blood pressure with a monitor and I go along for the ride, rarely does it deviate from this reading. I am a normal BMI but never exercise so wouldn't say that I am fit.

Thethingswedoforlove Fri 25-Mar-16 16:49:28

So redpriest you are like me more or less. That is low so I hope it is ok!

redpriestandmozart Fri 25-Mar-16 18:13:34

I've been to Dr a few times over the last few years for various things and have mentioned it, of course when my BP is taken in the surgery it's higher but I've shown a print out from the BP monitor and Dr's have said that it's a good healthy reading and there's never been concern that it's too low. It is on the low end of normal but some people are just like that.

80sMum Fri 25-Mar-16 18:20:20

My BP monitor says my average readings are HR:54 and BP:100/60. I think the BP looks about right, but the HR is quite low, especially as I get very little exercise. I am not sure what factors determine ones HR.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now