Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I made a mistake and lied to the sexual health clinic, now I don't know what to do?

(9 Posts)
Slimmingworld11 Thu 24-Mar-16 17:39:28

I told them I had sex 4 weeks ago but I only had sex 1 week ago! I only lied because I wanted to be tested & not be turned away!

I got tested for gonorrhea & chlamydia. I want to get tested for everything in a few weeks to be 100% what can I say to them?? (Please do t say you shouldn't have lied, I know that)
Thank you

ImperialBlether Thu 24-Mar-16 17:45:06

But you know that some things won't show up just a week later, don't you?

Can you go to a different place to be tested next time?

Slimmingworld11 Thu 24-Mar-16 17:53:18

Yeah that's why I want to go again in a few weeks. I could but it's quite far away from me! Could I just change my name and go to same place? Or will they know iv been before?

sadie9 Thu 24-Mar-16 18:02:57

Can't you just go back in a few weeks and just say you lied/didn't understand what they were asking the first time because you were so frightened and worried? They just do the testing, they are not judging people. If people didn't go there, they'd have no jobs. They don't turn people away, they will give you an appt if you need it surely.

Imnotaslimjim Thu 24-Mar-16 18:04:40

Just go back, explain you wanted to expidite things but now realise it was silly. They're not there to judge. Even if they did, you wouldn't know so would it matter?

Slimmingworld11 Thu 24-Mar-16 18:18:24

I know they won't judge but I feel really embarrassed saying I lied! Maybe I could say I got some symptoms, after results turned negative?

MrsLeighHalfpenny Thu 24-Mar-16 18:27:59

Don't lie. Don't risk instigating an NHS investigation about the validity and reliability of the STD testing process, or someone being put on a disciplinary for messing up a test.

Swallow your pride and fess up.

MsMims Thu 24-Mar-16 19:27:07

You don't have to confess anything!

The GUM clinics even advertise the fact you can use a different name to your real one. Just go back and give a different name, or say that you've had sex with someone new and want to be tested again.

80schild Sat 02-Apr-16 18:57:53

Two choices are going back and telling the truth or putting up with it for 3 weeks. They are probably used to people lying to varying degrees so I wouldn't feel worried that your small one will upset them think less of you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now