Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Probiotics for children

(9 Posts)
Bickies Wed 23-Mar-16 15:35:27

Hi, Was wondering if anyone can recommend a suitable probiotic for my 7yr old DS. He has ADHD, if that bears any relevance on the type. I live in Ireland. Thank you. smile

feesh Wed 23-Mar-16 15:43:51

I buy Udo's Choice as they're meant to be the best- I get them from iHerb, who deliver internationally.

Bickies Wed 23-Mar-16 15:57:23

Thank you Feesh. smile

AButterflyLightsBesideUs Thu 24-Mar-16 14:49:20

I give Biokult to my 4 year old (I take them too). You can open the sachets and mix in a drink/food. They don't need refrigerating.

AButterflyLightsBesideUs Thu 24-Mar-16 14:49:35

(by sachets I mean capsules!)

Onsera3 Thu 24-Mar-16 15:04:47

Ive tried a few.

Solgar, Solaray, Udo's Choice, Bioglan, Biokult, Biocare, Animal Parade, KIDZProbio

My favourite when they're little is the Solgar powder after a recall its hard to get

Solaray didn't like taste

Udos choice filled with crappy bulking agent

Bioglan - yummy chocolate ball. Fridge free. But has sugar.

Biokult- sachets a faff

Animal Parade- tasted chalky

Biocare- very annoying packaging (bottle) leading to spilt powder and it's the most exp powder

KIDZProbio- tasty

Natures Way- DS seemed happy

OHSO- for adults but mini choc bar with tiny squares making easy to split. Can get with sugar or without.

So I recommend for him KIDZProbio or Bioglan if he likes choc and you're not worried about a little sugar.

I've bought these from Holland and Barret, Amazon or Ocado

Onsera3 Thu 24-Mar-16 15:14:35

You could do half a Biokult adult one as suggested by AButterfly. Little fiddly if you want to close back up to save the other half but it's doable.

Bickies Sun 03-Apr-16 14:07:38

Thank you very much everyone, great advice. Sorry I didn't reply sooner. smile

MissBeaHaving Sun 03-Apr-16 14:49:47

I use Bioglan mentioned by Pp,always at breakfast with a cup of milk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now