Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Flu...will it ever end?!?!

(6 Posts)
crusoe16 Tue 22-Mar-16 16:08:11

On day 10 and feeling shocking. Not sure now I've had this that I've ever actually had the flu 'proper' before...

Still coughing, still feel sick all the time, still have diarrhoea, my whole head hurts - my eyeballs hurt ffs! Temperature went down and stayed down a couple of days ago (after a week of going up and down like a yoyo) so I keep thinking I'll wake up and feel better but I can't get myself into gear to do anything. It's awful. DH has had it too but seems to be better than me probably because he went to bed for 48 hours straight while I looked after 4DC

Anyone else? Anyone got any miracle cures?! Will try anything....

gingeroots Tue 22-Mar-16 19:35:31

Sympathies ,sounds dire .

Paracetomol ,liquids ,bed !

AgathaMystery Tue 22-Mar-16 21:42:16

I think you just have to brave it out. On week 4 of swine flu here & now out of hospital but god it's miserable. I feel for you.

crusoe16 Wed 23-Mar-16 05:12:33

Oh God AgathaMystery - I feel pathetic now - poor you!!!! Week 4? Bless you....

I had a bloody flu jab as well! The injustice shock

Will button up and soldier on...

Spandexpants007 Wed 23-Mar-16 05:40:30

Lasted 2 weeks but now in week 3 we are very weak still despite trying to get on with life

Hopefullyoneday1 Wed 23-Mar-16 16:02:59

I feel your pain......Im on week two of flu, shitting through the eye of a needle and puking through my nose angry I have literally eaten only five times in that two weeks, living on isotonic drinks, water and occasional natural yoghurt.

Its got to pass soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now