Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Movement in my stomach but not pregnant

(14 Posts)
anotherdayanothersquabble Thu 17-Mar-16 16:44:40

The paranoia is driving me bonkers. What is it??

I can feel movement in my stomach, day and night, pulsing like there is extra blood flow as well as pushing and just well, movement.

I have done three pregnancy tests and even went to the doctor for a blood test who assured me that HCG would be detected if I was pregnant, it wasn't detected.

What can I do to shake this feeling of dread that in a few months time, I am going to have a baby, it's driving me nuts, keeping me awake and I am obsessively touching my stomach to feel the movement.

29PaddingtonSt Sat 19-Mar-16 20:03:43

Did your doctor examine you. Could it be a hernia and your bowel that is moving and you can feel?

sadie9 Sat 19-Mar-16 21:50:33

I get that kind of feeling now if I eat any sort of lentils or beans. By late evening I have masses, of wind in my gut. Before I had kids I could eat all that stuff fine. Just wondering had you changed your diet recently? Or started eating your main meal at a different time or somesuch.

MidnightVelvetthe5th Sat 19-Mar-16 21:56:02

A friend of mine had similar and was back and forth at the docs. She works in the halls of residence at a uni and it turned out to be a tropical disease that she had picked up at work. Are you having any trouble with food/intolerance at all?

andadietcoke Sat 19-Mar-16 22:00:16

I had this and also had the HCG test. I also had a private scan because I was convinced they were all wrong (I know...). It stopped when I stopped taking the POP - turns out it was all hormonal (and may or may not have been related to taking the MAP too).

anotherdayanothersquabble Sun 20-Mar-16 21:42:22

Thanks for your replies. I think it might be food related. I already have a ton of food issues and have started getting mouth ulcers again so think I have become sensitive to something else.

Glad I am not the only one who has been convinced despite all the evidence to the contrary, that I must be pregnant. Honestly, I was convinced that by the time I managed to convince someone, I would be 6 months gone and it would be too late to do anything (plus I would become a playground legend for all the wrong reasons!!!)

professionallurker Sun 20-Mar-16 21:46:21

Mouth ulcers can be a sign that you are intolerant to gluten/have coeliac disease.

anotherdayanothersquabble Sun 20-Mar-16 22:08:15

Yep, haven't eaten gluten for years and am very careful with traces. Doctor recently suggested cutting out nuts as well which when I am already on no grains, no dairy and limited sugar, cutting out nuts was a real blow. I cut out for a while, then slowly reintroduced and now suspect they are linked, stomach issues, mouth ulcers and nuts. Not good news.

anotherdayanothersquabble Sun 20-Mar-16 22:08:47

But better than being pregnant at the age of 45 when my family is complete!!

MidnightVelvetthe5th Mon 21-Mar-16 17:49:07

Re my mate with the tropical disease, have you been abroad at all recently or do you work with people who routinely visit the Far East?

anotherdayanothersquabble Mon 21-Mar-16 19:28:18

I live on mainland Europe and while I have occasional social contact with people who travel. I will bear it in mind though..

HairySubject Mon 21-Mar-16 19:31:30

I had this a few weeks ago, I have a command regular periods but I still took two tests to be sure. I am guessing mine was wind because it has stopped now.

MidnightVelvetthe5th Mon 21-Mar-16 19:36:24

I only mention it as my friend did actually have a worm in her stomach and felt it moving around, the doc gave her medication but it took ages to diagnose, they just kept saying she was coeliac....

anotherdayanothersquabble Mon 21-Mar-16 21:44:03

A worm.... oh crap!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now