Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

White spots back of throat

(6 Posts)
kissmelittleass Tue 15-Mar-16 19:36:54

I noticed at the back of my throat either side of the tonsils that I have a scattering of a lot of white spots and whitish areas. Looks a bit like thrush would I think anyway I noticed this about 3 weeks ago whilst I was taking a tablet called Zomel. I went to the doctor who gave me an antibiotic as he said I had a sinus infection and sounded nasal. I finished the antibiotic today and the white spots and white patches are still there ! Do I need to go back to doctors for more tablets? Anyone know what it is and why it hasn't cleared?

bimbobaggins Thu 17-Mar-16 19:11:12

I get these. They ae tonsil stones. Look ithem up. They gather in the pockets around your tonsils. I don't know much else

kissmelittleass Sun 20-Mar-16 00:19:48

Thanks for reply, Yes I looked it up and it does look very similar but I'm sorry I googled now because the c word came up and also strep thriat which doesn't sound good. I also have a weird taste in my mouth mainly in the mornings which is making drinks taste funny through the dsy. If if us tonsil stones what needs to be done of do they go away?

bimbobaggins Sun 20-Mar-16 07:25:31

Sometimes they dislodge on their own or i can get them out using a ice lolly type stick. You should get them checked just to be sure. They smell disgusting if you ever get one out. Sorry thats tmi!

Eva50 Sun 20-Mar-16 08:02:22

If you had strep throat your throat would be sore and you would feel like death generally unwell. At least I always do!

kissmelittleass Mon 21-Mar-16 19:58:43

Thanks for replies guys I Went to doctors today he said it was a fungal infection and my voice was so hoarse today he said it has affected my vocal cords . Have to go back in 10 days so he can check it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now