Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Applying cream to back

(4 Posts)
ShoppingBasket Sun 13-Mar-16 22:32:37

Is there anything you would recommend, my Dad lives alone and needs to apply lotion to the middle of his back for psoriasis. I have seen the applicators with massage heads on them on ebay but I am not sure how easy the lotion would come out and also he wouldn't want to put lots in as it's prescription cream so precious! Any help appreciated smile

MountainDweller Sun 13-Mar-16 23:21:38

I use a back brush thingy.... Not really a brush but it has a long wooden handle and a head with nobbly massage bits on instead of bristles. Sorry hard to describe! I put a little cream on the nobbly massage bits. He'd need to have reasonable flexibility in his arms, depending on exactly where he needs to put the cream.

redpriestandmozart Mon 14-Mar-16 10:06:48

My friend's father had the same problem and the GP arranged a care package whereby a carer came in every morning just to do this one task. It might be worth checking if this is possible.

ShoppingBasket Mon 14-Mar-16 23:14:52

OK great thank you both. I know the type of nobbly :D you are describing what I was looking at and was wondering whether they were any good. I will also look into that redpriest, thank you, but don't think he would agree to it. He is very much energetic and independent and I'd imagine he would feel he would be losing a part of that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now