Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

laperoscopy surgery for adhesions recovery.

(5 Posts)
val4 Sat 12-Mar-16 19:37:36

Hi, had surgery Thursday to remove adhesions that had caused bowel to fuse to ovary and also uterine wall. Surgeon stiched where he cut and put bowel back in place. He also added fluid to slow down more adhesions forming. I'm home now but am still v weak and in considerable pain. Has anyone any experience of recovery from laparoscopy? I got very little advice from hospital except not to drive for 2,weeks. Any advice is very welcome.

Maidofdishonour Sun 13-Mar-16 20:37:20

I have had quite a few of these ops over the last 30 years and I think that recovery varies per person but 2 weeks sounds about right. You have to be kind to yourself and allow your body to heal. You should feel much better after a week but then it is tempting to resume tasks like hoovering, lifting shopping bags etc which can then put you back. Take it easy!

Tryingthisonefornow Sun 13-Mar-16 20:42:15

Sorry I don't have advice but hoped you could actually help me! Apologies for derailing! How did you get diagnosis for adhesions? What symptoms did you have?

I'm due to attend a scan on Friday to investigate suspected adhesions but feel a bit in the dark with it all!

val4 Sun 13-Mar-16 22:36:18

Thanks for your posts. Have had 3 c sections and major abdominal surgery 8yrs ago . Over last few years have had increased pelvic pain, stabbing, twisting and generally heavy/aching feeling, spreading into my leg. My gyne suspected adhesions but laparoscopy is only way to diagnose it. He said area was in a real mess with bowel adhered to ovary and uterine wall, abd bowel pulled out of place(in lay mans terms!) He has cut a lot away but there is no guarantees it won't return.He also added a liquid to slow down more adhesions. I dont feel benefit yet, but hopefully when post op pain improve s I will find it much better.

Tryingthisonefornow Mon 14-Mar-16 09:16:09

Fingers crossed for you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now