Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

clenil / brown inhaler question

(1 Post)
Clarella Fri 11-Mar-16 17:15:29

Hi,

I started this 5-6 weeks ago, x8 puffs (800) a day.

I recently began to feel often great. Which is great - I assumed I was feeling better as asthma (new) was controlled and I was getting a tad more oxygen. but I was tested last year for low cortisol / addisons, which was clear then. Obviously they'd asked if I'd ever had steroids, which at that point was a no. Now I'm questioning if I'm currently getting some steroids into my bloodstream from the clenil? Is this likely?

I think the dose will be reduced when I go back to the nurse or even taken off totally. I'm just wondering if I'm now getting a false sense of feeling well due to it?!

I'm only asking to a) discuss with GP and b) I'm telling everyone how well I feel, including work - but wonder if I should be prepared not to feel so great when the dose is dropped!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now