Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Klean Prep is making me sick!

(3 Posts)
Joanna1995 Wed 09-Mar-16 17:43:19

I was praying someone could help me with this! I've been given 4 sachets of Klean prep for an operation im having tomorrow at 2.30. I've been told I have to finish them all by today. I've been trying since 12pm today to drink them and have only managed 2 glasses (normal sized, not pint sized!!!) which isn't even half of 1 sachet. They are making me physically sick and I cannot keep them down. I still haven't had a bowel movement either. I was hoping someone might have some tips on how to get this down me?! I've tried adding juice and water, drinking with a straw, drinking water straight after swallowing it and putting the solution in the fridge before drinking. Still no luck! Any advice anyone??

gobbin Wed 09-Mar-16 23:03:15

Yes ring your hosp for advice (number will probably be with admission info) as if your bowels aren't clear the op may not happen. There are other bowel cleansers they may give you.

StillMedusa Thu 10-Mar-16 00:20:42

The bowel movement may happen later... I have had to do this several times and it's grim. My last one..I drank gallons of the bloody stuff, retching as I did so...nothing. Then a few hours later... OMG.

Keep sipping because they won't do the op if you need to be cleaned out and aren't.

I used lots of lemonade (and shhh a bit of gin... that helped!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now