Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DH has had his first chest infection in over 5 years; this is a massive success

(6 Posts)
Katymac Tue 08-Mar-16 20:08:58

He has chronic lung disease and often had a run like 13 chest infections in 11 months

Papworths Lung Defence Clinic saw him for several years before 'fixing' the right cocktail of drugs/physio for him in December 2010 & it's been amazing

I am a bit scared that this means a descent into the previous state of affairs

Northernlurker Tue 08-Mar-16 20:12:57

There are a lot of nasty chest infection/pneumonia type things around atm. 5 years without indicates that they've done some good work with him and will have really helped his lungs. So - what's the plan now? Has he seen his GP, got fully armed with antibiotics, steroids, inhalers as needed?

NameAgeLocation Tue 08-Mar-16 20:15:16

Agree there are some nasty bugs going around. 2 (GP-diagnosed) lung infections in our family recently, and we're not prone to such things.

With any luck it's just a really strong bug that's felled him?

Katymac Tue 08-Mar-16 20:18:59

Oh yes

500x3 co-amoxyclav for 14 days on top of doxycycline, various steroids

He has Strep which is resistant to Doxy sad

It seems quite odd to be hoping it's a nasty one....but if it isn't it means he is vulnerable

Titsalinabumsquash Tue 08-Mar-16 20:24:45

DS has Staph in his lungs again, it's the first time in 9 years, luckily Flucloxacillin is working for him ate, I dread the time when the lab results come back with resistant strains of various bugs.

Katymac Tue 08-Mar-16 20:49:35

Now I'm confused - I don't know if it was Strep or Staph.....bugger - I wish I had a brain

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now