Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Spotting between period.

(6 Posts)
Lalalalatmi Sun 06-Mar-16 17:17:46

Name changed. And TMI
This is the first time this has happened, I do get anxious, so I'm hoping for some reassurance, as I can't get to the Drs until later next week.

I have brownish discharge when wiping, it's not coming out to my underwear though. It doesn't smell of anything.

I have been doing more exercise over the last couple of days.
I have very slight abdominal pain, but that could be muscular due to exercise, I think I've already ovulated (get ovulation pain, so I'm pretty sure I have). Next period will be due in a couple of weeks I think.
I have strange bowels at the moment too, but I'm on holiday and I'm always unsettled with routine change, so this seems normal for me. (TMI, but no idea if relevant!)

Is it possible that this is a one off and nothing to worry about? Do I need to see a GP, and what are they likely to do?

Lalalalatmi Sun 06-Mar-16 19:31:37

Bump

CoperCabana Sun 06-Mar-16 19:34:26

How old are you? I have on and off had similar symptoms, which I have so far put down to prei menopause at age 45, but really need to get checked out.

Lalalalatmi Sun 06-Mar-16 21:38:28

I'm 40.

tobee Sun 06-Mar-16 22:00:22

You need to get it checked out. This happened to me. I kept going on Dr Google to diagnose. I tried to tell myself it was ovulation bleeding but I still worried a lot. So I saw the gp and had a smear test which was normal. It was put down to "periods doing funny things at my age". Coincidentally, a few months later I was diagnosed as very anaemic at a blood test so was referred to for a gynae appointment. I was petrified of what the outcome would be. But I learnt along the way that odd bleeding happens to lots of women and there are many reasons. Generally they can't tell the reason unless you are internally examined. Most women have this bleeding for an entirely unworrying reason but it may well not just go away of its own accord. Mine was not sinister, btw.

Lalalalatmi Sun 06-Mar-16 22:16:27

Thanks. I'll make an appointment next week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now