Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Life after endometrial ablation....

(3 Posts)
Chattermummy Fri 04-Mar-16 18:49:24

I underwent microwave endometrial ablation 16 months ago to try help me get rid of very heavy painful periods that lasted for ever. I recovered from surgery fine and although they never vanished my periods were much more manageable. That is until past 3 months. They are getting heavier, but nothing too bad, but the cramps are horrendous again. My pelvis feels like it's going to explode, my cramps are radiating across my bac and down my legs and I feel crap.

Going to go to docs this month as I don't think this is normal. Has anybody had this happen to them?

RatherBeRiding Fri 04-Mar-16 19:25:48

Kind of happened to me - I had the ablation and although my periods weren't nearly as bad as before, it wasn't the result I had been hoping for and after struggling on for a while (and I do mean struggling - I basically "lost" one week out of every four to my period. The worst of it lasted 5 days then 2 days getting back to normal) I went back to GP who suggested the Mirena coil.

Result - no more period pain. No more flooding. Just light, easy periods. Bliss!

GP reckoned that as my periods had been so horrendous it needed the double whammy of the ablation + the Mirena to bring them under control.

Definitely go back to your GP! There is no need to suffer with this.

Chattermummy Sat 05-Mar-16 14:25:36

Sorry you have suffered too definitely going back to docs this month. Day 4 of cramps and still hugging my hot water bottle tightly and popping painkillers.

I had marina coil before I had surgery but in 6 months I had it I had 3 weeks where I wasn't bleeding, seemingly it was irritating a cyst which caused me to bleed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now