Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Recurring UTI, what next?

(4 Posts)
hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Fri 04-Mar-16 08:50:34

I have had a recurring UTI since Nov 2015, this time it has come straight back after the antibiotics finished. Samples have been tested and show that the right antibiotic is being used and I have tried every home remedy (bicarb, cranberry, drinking enough to sink a small armada) I can think of to try to ease the pain and discomfort. Does anyone have any ideas what I can try next, I am getting pretty desperate now.

WhoAteAllTheDinosaurs Fri 04-Mar-16 10:33:31

Miserable isn't it, I am having the same.

Not much help, but my GP has referred me to urology - if it's not going then I think your GP needs to do the same.

maybebabybee Fri 04-Mar-16 10:38:59

Have you had any blood tests to check your kidney function?

I've had recurring utis since I was six and sorry to say I've never managed to axe them completely although I can usually flush them out of my system by downing loads of water. I wouldn't bother with cranberry juice, there's no evidence it actually works.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Fri 04-Mar-16 14:27:33

Thank you both, no blood tests yet and no referral but I am going to ask for both of those things. Yes, it's thoroughly miserable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now