Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Please reassure me I am worried sick.

(2 Posts)
Cheesecrumpets01 Thu 03-Mar-16 12:43:43

Just been to the GP for a mole that has developed a dark small spot within it. It isn't itchy and hasn't grown in size but as I don't check my moles (lesson learned) I don't know quite how long this dark spot has been there for.

GP has refered me for a 2 week wait to skin-dermatology clinic and now I am convinced I have cancer that has spread everywhere and will be told I haven't got long left. I know it sounds daft but I am so scared. Please reassure me.
Even if it is, is skin cancer usually treatable? Are the signs usually obvious if you have cancer everywhere? Other symptoms for example? and do these things usually change quickly/dramatically if they tend to be advanced stages?

SecretSpy Thu 03-Mar-16 12:47:37

The two week referral is absolutely standard and only relates to the fact that it might be cancerous. Many will not be cancer and many that are cancer will be removed with no further treatment needed.

It's hard to keep things in proportion when you are worried, that's normal too. Hopefully you'll get some answers soon flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now