Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Heavy feeling in uterus? 12 weeks pp (c section birth)

(17 Posts)
mrsjoker35 Wed 02-Mar-16 11:20:23

So I'm 18,FTM, got a beautiful wee 12 week old baby girl...
Recently I've been having shooting pains in the pelvic area, the sides of my groin , the center of my uterus.. I don't know how to explain it too well blush
I've had two periods since having her, due the third next week, I also felt my cervix and it feels spongy
When I laugh it feels like I'm trying to hold something! sad I seriously do not know / its really getting me down....

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 02-Mar-16 11:24:41

any unusual discharge? the periods were they normal?

have you noticed any smell? how is the incision?

mrsjoker35 Wed 02-Mar-16 11:31:34

No, no odd discharge or anything.
Yeah my periods were normal, the first one was heavy but only lasted about 4-5 days. And my periods have always been heavy. But the last one was fine.

And no,no smell.
And my incision is healing great now,but the first month or so was awful, got a small infection and got given cream and its fine.

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 02-Mar-16 11:37:01

excuse the pesonal question it's related honestly- are you urinating normally? no leakage when you laugh or sneeze?

I think i read on here that even with a c section the muscles can still be affected

mrsjoker35 Wed 02-Mar-16 11:38:53

Sometimes I think I don't get the urge to enough :/
And it had happened a few times but,not reoccurrent.

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 02-Mar-16 11:41:49

could well be your pelvic floor then.

I'd try doing sone exercises. that's should help. does it burn or anything. utis can make you feel very heavy and twingy

mrsjoker35 Wed 02-Mar-16 11:46:56

It doesn't burn but I get the same feeling when I pee ,like I'm trying to hold something blush I sometimes get a small pressure like feeling when I'm about to finish peeing. If that makes any sense

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 02-Mar-16 11:53:09

I'm no dr but my guess would be it's the pelvic floor do the exercises and if you don't see any improvement I'd book an appointment with your dr.

I'm assuming you had your 6 week check and all was fine? everything's sprung back properly? no pain internally when you press on the scar?

mrsjoker35 Wed 02-Mar-16 11:57:23

Yeah i had a check but they didn't check anything she told me to stand up and show her my scar envy that was it.. That was my check :/
And no,no pain I can actually touch my scar area now, I don't really like anyone else touching it though , unless it's a Dr of course.

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 02-Mar-16 12:09:49

Well that was a really lousy check angry

definately book with a different dr if you go back.

my advice would he to try the exercises and see how you get on.

I have no experience of a c section but I had the same feeling when I was pregnant. felt like the baby would fall out

mrsjoker35 Wed 02-Mar-16 12:20:18

I know sad I was really disappointed because I thought I would of got some reassurance, been suffering health anxiety since my c section and she just didn't help at all...

I'm not even 100% sure how to do pelvic floor exercises if I'm honest lol
I've been walking quite a bit lately ( went a walk to my nearest asda last week(Thursday) with my OH and my baby,got a taxi back , we live 3 up ,lots of stairs , my OH carries the pram up all the time, we had 5 bags of shopping, not light stuff either.... I picked every one of them up and walked up the stairs, I felt good at the time but maybe I just done too much??

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 02-Mar-16 12:26:52

when you go for a wee. stop and start. so you hold and release.

although your scar is healed, your body is still recovering from surgery and from.carrying a baby. I would say all that heavy lifting is still a bit much. it's only been 12 weeks.

what was the reason for the section?

dd was transverse which explained what I was feeling. went away when they turned her. of your baby was big or yku went through a long labour befire hand or your baby was laid funny, could go sone way to explaining why you are still feeling a bit "wrong"

( of course I realise you may have just wanted a section. I wasn't asking to justify having one just asking if there was medically a reason that coukd explain what happened if you see what I mean)

Onsera3 Wed 02-Mar-16 12:34:31

Could be pelvic floor issues.

Pelvic organ prolapse can feel like what you describe. My GP was clueless and said I was fine after examining me lying down. Went to my Gynae who examined me upright and instantly diagnosed prolapse.

I had sessions with a Gynae Physio and quality over quantity is really impt with the exercises.

Their is a DVD called Hab-it which shows you how to do the exercises properly. Or you should be able to find something on YouTube.

Your pelvic floor gets tired when you are on your feet and walking too much. Be careful about any exercise you undertake. Avoid heavy lifting, blowing balloons, coughing and sneezing.

mrsjoker35 Wed 02-Mar-16 12:52:49

My LO was getting distessed in the womb and her heart rate kept dropping, so it was an emergency. My LO was only 6lbs 9oz

And a prolapse? My 60 year odd aunt had one of them after having 6 kids ! Could that really happen to me? I'm only 18 and it's my first baby who was pretty small blush

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 02-Mar-16 12:56:44

Ok so

take it easy- no heavy lifting. you are still recovering.

pelvic floor exercises.

if no improvement in a few days go see a dr. make sure s/he listens fully amd actually examine you and get prolapse ruled out.

mrsjoker35 Wed 02-Mar-16 13:06:23

Thank you for the advice smile xflowers

Onsera3 Thu 03-Mar-16 10:25:55

I thought that about prolapse too! But the head Gynae Physio at the hospital told me about 50% of woman have some pelvic floor damage. Hence why in some countries the Physio is a routine part of postnatal care.

You will notice it more when estrogen is lower- breastfeeding or menopause.

Some people are more prone to it eg if you have hypermobility.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now