Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Adult acne is causing me problems! Any advice?

(2 Posts)
Norris63203 Tue 01-Mar-16 17:26:21

I am a 23 year old male that has had problems with acne since I was 10 years old. It was very bad at 12-14 and left bad scarring.

The trouble is my acne is still lingering. It's nowhere near as bad as it was but It's so frustrating because I have had it for 13 years so I think I have been punished long enough!

I am getting some co2 fractional laser treatment in two weeks to help the scars. I am worried that when the treatment is over I will get fresh spots and fresh scars which will undo all the good work that the laser has done.

I am using adapolene gel which helps a bit but not 100%.

What do you think I should do?

Thank you

eaudeparfumpooie Tue 01-Mar-16 18:54:00

You need to find the source , my ex who at the same age as you was suffering badly despite trying everything.

He the front man for a band, eventually the record company paid for investigations, as the NHS were dragging their feet,

Turns out he has a reaction to yeast (they thought it was wheat at first), a very strict yeast free diet including no alcohol at first, cleared up the problem, he can have proper cider now as it is the only alcohol brewed on it's own yeast.

Be persistant , really persistent and make sure they find out what is causing it , not just treating the symptoms.

Keep going back to the GP, find one who can hear you when you tell them it is really effecting your life .

good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now