Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Urge incontinence?

(4 Posts)
weegiemum Mon 29-Feb-16 22:49:52

I have a neurological illness that means I don't have much warning when I need to go (delighted that I've worked hard after 3 dc's so it's not stress or poor pelvic floor related!)

I go on the hour at home. I try to when I'm out. I'm only 45 so I don't want to smell like an old incontinent lady but I also don't like wearing tena (partly as my neurological condition means I find wearing pants really uncomfortable so I go without when I can!)

My pelvic floor passes all the physio tests. Wondered if anyone else had any suggestions about dealing with the urge (I get about a minute to 90 seconds warning!)

PollyPerky Tue 01-Mar-16 16:12:49

Have you had any professional help with this? Each town has an incontinence service and you can find them online- they may have people who can help. Your GP could put you in contact.

From what I understand you can get meds that relax the bladder as for overactive bladder.

You may find it helps to avoid stimulants like caffeine and alcohol.

Have you been advised to try bladder training? Do you know you have urge incontinence and not overactive bladder?

Have you read things like this?

patient.info/health/urge-incontinence

Makeminealemonade Tue 01-Mar-16 17:50:19

Have you heard about this new product? Apparently a 'cure'

www.smallishmagazine.com/moment-of-weakness/

PollyPerky Tue 01-Mar-16 19:07:31

That device in the link is for stress incontinence. That's not what the OP has- she has urge which is different. she says she's had a physio assessment of her pelvic floor and it's in good shape.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now