Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

lower back pain during period and ovulation

(10 Posts)
Clarella Sun 28-Feb-16 17:18:03

I do have some si joint issues but the pain at it just after ovulation is becoming unmanageable with ibu and paracetamol.

It can be horrendous at period time too.

If it at all worth asking GP for advice/ help? I don't feel anything in my abdomen and don't actually ever get actual period pain. Except now in my lower back confused. It can take a week or more to recover.

kellie39 Sun 28-Feb-16 19:38:39

I normally get a tummy ache but this month its been more slight back ache and its even made my bum cheeks ache, im thinking im perimenopausal and this period has been different. I havent really taken much notice before but im going to start making notes so i can refer back to it as my anxiety kicks in with this.
I did get a tummy ache mid month and did take pain killers.

Clarella Mon 29-Feb-16 15:28:08

<la la la> fingers in ears perimenopause...

It's ridiculous, barely any pain today though stiffness. I am winding down breastfeeding so maybe that's it? (Am 39 though confused)

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Mon 29-Feb-16 15:37:54

I have had low back pain & pain in my bum (TMI possibly!) throughout periods for a few years - however, just recently, losing weight & regular exercise has definitely seemed to lessen the symptoms.

I'm 41 this year, so no idea if it's an age thing! Quite possibly I suppose.

Clarella Mon 29-Feb-16 19:52:31

I don't need to loose weight but exercise could be good. Recently diagnosed with asthma after 3 months of coughing after a bug, so when feel more up to it I will try that. There's probably some mild arthritis there too not helping matters confused#old

MeadowHay Tue 01-Mar-16 20:53:52

Have you tried OTC pain killers? Try them first, if you have and they're not sufficient for the pain it is worth visiting your GP, they can prescribe something stronger. Also putting heat on the area (hot water bottle/heat patches/wheat bags that you heat in microwave/warm baths etc) might help sooth the area and lessen the discomfort a bit. I remember had a friend in sixth-form who got horrendous back pain on her period too, the GP prescribed her tranxemic acid tablets which really helped her.

Cocolepew Tue 01-Mar-16 20:56:02

I used to get lower back pain. It was put down to a tilted womb and endo.

Clarella Tue 01-Mar-16 21:23:25

Meadowhay yes thanks - I rattle. Just discovered Panadol night for night time. Ice packs, hot water bottle, ibu gel etc. I do think taping it up for the first time helped actually (after scouring YouTube)

However, pain terrible again today so it could be combo of things (ie si issue that hormones exacerbate.)

Can wombs tilt post baby?! Never had this issue before. Had a section too.

Clarella Tue 01-Mar-16 21:24:50

I have wondered about endo, but how do you know? What would GP do?

BatteryOperatedBoyfriend Tue 01-Mar-16 21:43:05

I get bad lower back pan during my period. I also had very severe lower back pain during labour. At my last smear she told me I had a very tilted cervix.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now