Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Made the mistake of looking at my mammogram

(5 Posts)
BennyTheBall Wed 24-Feb-16 17:02:32

I have just had a routine mammogram.

I glanced at the screen afterwards and now I am feeling really paranoid as there seemed to be a lot of white. I thought it should all look grey.

The area behind the nipple and a bit beyond seemed to be very white and now I am feeling scared.

Can this be normal? It wasn't a blob, more that it followed the shape of the inside iykwim. I don't have a lump that I can feel, although my boobs are very tender a lot of the time. Could it be dense tissue?

I have totally worked myself up now sad. I appreciate I am being ridiculous.

Cel982 Wed 24-Feb-16 17:07:43

Google 'normal mammogram' and have a look at the images. It's completely normal for the ducts to be white, breast tissue isn't uniform. A solid white mass would be much more concerning.

BennyTheBall Wed 24-Feb-16 17:13:39

Thank you. I have been looking at images on Google, which has scared me and reassured me in equal measure.

It looked similar to images of young breasts, so I can hope it's a density thing or that my boobs are younger than the 49 year old rest of me!

Cel982 Thu 25-Feb-16 15:05:56

Congrats on your young boobs! grin Hope you get a reassuring result soon.

BennyTheBall Thu 25-Feb-16 20:06:44

Thanks! Further reading has taught me dense boobs are a Bad Thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now