Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Very dry eyes, recurrent infection etc.

(12 Posts)
hiddenhome2 Tue 23-Feb-16 23:24:16

I've had dry eyes all my life. It's a bloody nuisance. I also seem to get infections now as well. My eyes end up itchy and irritated and then the infection develops. I've had all the products in the chemists and they're not really effective. I put Viscotears in an hour ago and they're dry again confused

I don't wear any eye makeup and don't put any foundation near my eyes.

The optician recommended Systane Ultra to me and it's pretty good, but my eyes still aren't great.

Can anybody recommend anything else? I used to use Lacrilube every night as well, but the replacement isn't as good.

I have no underlying arthritis or any health probs.

Any suggestions welcome smile

BatteryOperatedBoyfriend Thu 25-Feb-16 13:48:06

Try Vit a pos instead of lacrilube . I have chronic dry eyes and it's great. Just for over night though as you can't actually see with it in.

Sunflower6 Thu 25-Feb-16 21:16:55

My daughter has dry eyes and has vita poss at night as well since lacri lube is no longer available. Have you asked your go to refer you a hospital eye clinic? My daughter was getting repeat eye infections when she was referred thats when they picked up she had dry eyes and blepharitis. She has day time eye drops for her dry eyes as well as vita poss at night. My daughter has halo forte drops in the daytime.

cavedescreux Thu 25-Feb-16 22:36:00

Do you have blepharitis? The eye bag is very good. And blephaclean wipes.

hiddenhome2 Thu 25-Feb-16 23:44:57

I've got a blepharitis heatable eye mask thingy. Used it for the first time this afternoon.

I'll try those wipes as well. I do have some vita a which I put in at night.

rosebiggs Thu 25-Feb-16 23:46:17

My optician told me to put a hot flannel over my eyes twice a day.

hiddenhome2 Thu 25-Feb-16 23:48:31

Yes, that's similar to the heated eye mask. It's supposed to retain the heat for longer though. It lasted for about five mins. Might try a hot water bottle grin

rosebiggs Thu 25-Feb-16 23:56:52

I keep forgetting to do it, your thread has reminded me - thanks!

hiddenhome2 Fri 26-Feb-16 00:24:12

grin

Zisterhood Tue 01-Mar-16 20:39:27

Hi I would suggest evening primrose oil tablets. Also a bowl of cooled boiled water but not too cooled, as hot as you can stand it, mix in a little baby shampoo and using a cotton bus wipe along the water line of your top and bottom lashes. By doing both of these things I managed to sort out my dry eyes.

runningouttaideas Wed 02-Mar-16 20:53:11

Hows your throat hidden? A strange question I know but have you noticed it's quite dry too?

hiddenhome2 Thu 03-Mar-16 18:25:43

Not dry, but I have sinus problems so have a constant post nasal drip running I'm always congested in the head parts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now